Listed here are a variety of links to information likely to be useful to the user of speech recognition software. Please feel free to contact us to include other useful links to this site.
Utilities to Use with Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Knowbrainer: "Empower your NaturallySpeaking software with a full-feature command set that enables true hands-free use of your PC. Works with all version of NaturallySpeaking 6,7, or 8 and works with NaturallySpeaking Professional, Medical, and Legal 9." Although a bit pricey at $169 for new users and $75 for the upgrade, this is extremely useful software and pays for itself many times over in increased efficiency. Knowbrainer also offers legal and medical vocabularies which allow users considering purchase of the Legal or Medical Solutions versions of Dragon to get by with a Professional version plus the knowbrainer vocabulary.
this is a macro file viewer/editor utility program for Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional Series Version 9. It is available in both a freeware version and registered version.
- Scripting for NaturallySpeaking: although not a utility per se, this is an extremely instructive book on constructing macros for Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
Microphone Information Sources:
Non-US Sources of speech recognition software, microphones and accessories:
- Speech Empowered Computing: Another excellent UK source of Dragon NaturallySpeaking Software, training, consulting and microphones
Sources of NaturallySpeaking Commands:
Sites helpful to those with disabilities and those suffering from RSI
General Accessibility Information
RSI Prevention and Treatment:
Electronic Health Record (EHR) software and related sites:
- emrexperts: EMR Experts offers the affordable Electronic Medical Record software solutions with an easy-to-use interface. Available in both Client/Server and ASP models
- PerioPal: PerioPal is voice activated software for periodontal examinations, allowing hands-free charting. PerioPal is not the first voice driven periodontal exam, but it may be the first that is truly usable. This software will forever change the way you record exams.
Other Useful Sites:
- Speech Recognition Wiki: Community speech recognition site, with an emphasis on Dragon NaturallySpeaking 7.3/8 and Microsoft Speech Recognition